Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 39 mal aufgerufen
 8-ball Tuniere
lebaobei123 Offline

03.07.2019 02:04
par-5 15th to open a two-stroke lead, Antworten

WASHINGTON -- Bernard Hopkins made some more boxing history, and did it in rather easy fashion. Then, the 49-year-old boxer showed his age, referencing a TV character that might have gone over the heads of many young fans. "I was so in my living room watching Archie Bunker," Hopkins said, playfully comparing himself to the main character from the 1970s series "All in the Family." "I was so relaxed, so relaxed." Already the oldest boxer in history to hold a world championship, Hopkins became the oldest to win a unification bout Saturday night as he captured a split 12-round decision over Beibut Shumenov of Kazakhstan. Afterward, the Philadelphia native sounded far from finished -- or satisfied. "The pound-for-pound best fighter in the world right now is Floyd Money Mayweather," Hopkins said. "Ill tell you, behind Andre Ward, who I believe is second and should be, Im not that far from the top three. My age and the way Im doing it. "Im just telling you, Im not done yet." Hopkins was in complete control Saturday and it was reflected in the statistics. Of the 608 punches thrown by Shumenov, only 20 per cent landed. Of the 383 punches Hopkins threw, he landed 49 per cent. "I didnt do that when I was 30," Hopkins joked. "He was really surprised the way I could stand there and let him miss." When the split decision was announced the pro-Hopkins crowd of 6,823 jeered its disapproval. Two judges scored the fight 116-111 for Hopkins. The other judge gave the nod to Shumenov 114-113. "I shut him out," Hopkins said. If there was any doubt about the outcome, it was removed in the 11th round when Hopkins rocked Shumenov with a chopping overhand right for the only knockdown of the fight, igniting chants of "B-Hop! B-Hop!" from the D.C. Armory crowd. It was a reminder for Hopkins of 20 years ago, when he fought for the first time in Washington, losing a decision to Roy Jones Jr. at RFK Stadium, right across the street from the venue where Saturdays fight took place. "It motivates me every time I come to D.C. The dressing rooms, it took me back," said Hopkins, who improved to 55-6-2. After a slow start, in which he fought defensively, Hopkins controlled the action, growing confident, aggressive and playful as the fight progressed. The fourth round saw Shumenov moving forward, but Hopkins landed the two best shots, both right-handed counterpunches, to secure the edge. In the fifth, Hopkins was doing more than counterpunching. A straight overhand right landed squarely to the cheek of Shumenov. By the sixth round, it was clear that Hopkins confidence was growing as he became the aggressor, initiating the action and landing a big combination. In the seventh round, Hopkins was feeling so good that he alternated leading with his right and left hands, befuddling Shumenov, who fell to 14-2. "Im kind of angry that I lost the fight," Shumenov said. "I am a true warrior." Hopkins-Shumenov was one of three world title fights on Saturday. In the first, Peter Quillin of Brooklyn, N.Y., retained his WBO middleweight belt and improved to 31-0 with a unanimous 12-round decision over Lukas Konecky of the Czech Republic. In the IBF welterweight title match, Shawn Porter of Cleveland also remained undefeated with a fourth-round knockout of Brooklyns Paulie Malignaggi, who took time off from his job as an analyst for Showtime, which carried the nights action. Xavier Rhodes Jersey .com) - The Memphis Grizzlies signed guard Seth Curry on Tuesday. Holton Hill Jersey .C. -- The shot that would have beaten No. http://www.cheapvikingsjerseyselite.com/...-mataafa-jersey. The 23-year-old Woods, Tiger Woods niece, closed with a 4-under 69 at Royal Pines to finish at 16-under 276. Lee also shot 69 in the event sanctioned by the European and Australian tours. Woods birdied the par-5 15th to open a two-stroke lead, hitting a wedge from about 120 yards to 4 feet. Dillon Mitchell Jersey . -- All-Pro tight end Jimmy Graham and the New Orleans Saints met Tuesday for arbitration on his contract. Jake Browning Jersey . - Pittsburgh Steelers president Art Rooney II says the NFL has told the team it will not be docked a pick in this years draft for coach Mike Tomlins foray onto the field against Baltimore last November.TORONTO – Brandon Morrow is back with the Blue Jays. Not to pitch, though, as hes not close to a return to the mound, but as he progresses in his rehabilitation from a torn tendon sheath in his right index finger, its time to come under the closer watch of the ballclubs medical and training staff. Throwing once again, Morrow shared that there is no “drop dead” date to determine whether hell need surgery on the injury, a procedure which would end his season and possibly his tenure in Toronto. “I would take it as far as until it went out again, until it tore,” said Morrow. “If it tore, it would probably take the other pulley with it and then I would need to get it fixed. Im just going to take it up until that point and not worry about it.” Often when an athlete gets injured, hes out of sight, out of mind. The team must go on without him. Little thought is paid to the hours of rehab required. It can get lonely and boring for the guy going through it. The situation can be made worse depending on the type of injury sustained. For Morrow its a finger, which is especially limiting. Following the first two weeks of recovery, during which his right hand was completely immobilized by a splint, he began with pinching exercises using clothespins and putty. For one to two hours, three days a week, Morrow was at a Phoenix-area clinic working through his program with others who suffered similar hand and wrist injuries. A number of people with carpal tunnel syndrome were classmates. Morrows gym work was limited to lower-body strength exercises. He could still work his shoulders using two and three-pound weights, being careful with his grip. After about a month, he resumed an upper body regimen. For the last five days, Morrow has been throwing a baseball. Hes just playing catch at this point; from 45 feet for four days, exteending to 60 feet on Tuesday afternoon.ddddddddddddHis finger is far from 100 per cent, not in pain, but still stiff. “It actually feels better after I throw,” said Morrow. “It kind of loosens it up and the range of motion gets better. Its been great. Throwing has been good for the last week.” Morrow would sit on his couch and watch the Blue Jays. Its strange being a member of a team but being so far away from your mates. Morrow was close to four thousand kilometres away, staring at a TV. “You kind of feel like that, you kind of feel like a fan,” said Morrow. “But obviously you know a little bit more of whats going on in the game. You feel the emotions a little bit more because youve been there. I know the fans are invested, but they dont quite as emotionally invested as the players do, although some might say they do. Sometimes its hard to watch because you cant help out.” Morrow would like to return as a starter. What isnt clear is how long hell need to get back up on a mound. That wont be happening anytime soon and hes been down long enough that hell need another spring training-like experience to get his arm stretched out. Regardless, in the final guaranteed year of his deal (the Blue Jays hold a $10 million option for 2015 thats unlikely to be picked up), he wants to play a role in a pennant drive. Hes motivated. “Thats really what youve got to use,” said Morrow. “Theres nothing else to motivate you. When you look up and see them keep winning everyday it gives you a better chance at doing that. I dont think I

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz